28 July 2009

Red Rock Relay


I am running the Red Rock Relay September 4-5 and am SO excited!!! It is going to be such a fun race and it is my first that is more than a 5K. I'm running it with my friend, Whitney Miller, her sister and a bunch of other girls that I don't know very well, YET! We had a meeting last week and got to meet most of them. I think we are going to have so much fun!
The race starts at 10K feet at Brian Head and ends at 3K feet at Tuacahn (St. George). It is going to be a beautiul 180 miles. My runs are 2.5 mi, 5.8 mi and 4.1 mi. It is going to be challenging but I am up for it and my training is going great.
I've had to start running in the heat to get ready, which I'm NOT used to, but on Saturday I ran 3 mi when it was 87 degrees and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I just have to remember not to wear a hat next time... It is amazing how much heat they hold in!!!
There are still team openings and it is going to be great, so if you have a team of 12 people you should run it!!! The website is www.redrockrelay.com...

4 comments:

Coatsy's said...

you are going to do great.... i'm sorry i will be in minnesota with sister..... you are ready... i'm way excited to see you accomplish this.... i love you

tammy said...

i am running it too! Let's meet up!

Trent and Lindsie said...

I am so excited for you! We'll have to do it together next year for sure! You will do great!

MATT, LORI, BROOKLIN, and KAEDENCE SPRINGER said...

Best of luck to you!!!!! You are a stronger women then I will ever be. :)