28 July 2009

School has started!!!

So... I'm sitting here having mixed feelings about today. The boys started school yesterday (Bridger just met with his teacher and today is his first day) and I thought I'd be ecstatic. Bridger has had such a rough go of things and we still don't have all the kinks worked out. We get to our witts ends SO much and I thought I'd LOVE having him in school all day... but the truth is, I miss him. :( This is probably what he needs, because he is so much better when he is busy. I love my kids so much and hate to see them hurt, so hopefully he'll love it. He as been SO excited to be in 1st grade, but admitted yesterday that he was nervous about meeting the kids in his class. So far we don't know of anyone that he knows who will be in his class, but he is great at making friends.

Brock came home yesterday so frustrated that in 5th grade you have to write everything in cursive... It made me laugh because I remember when I had to start that and I loved it! He has great handwriting, but it does take him so much longer to write in cursive. He is such a perfectionist (well, with only certain things! :))

Anyways, I'm sure they'll both do fine and get back into the routine of school in no time. (Unfortunately our Bear Lake trip all next week will probably throw them off again!) Here are pics of the boys on their first day of school...

My Bridger Lance...


My Brock Mitchell... (can't believe how BIG he is!!!)

5 comments:

Coatsy's said...

oh i just love those boys.....

paigernate said...

i cannot believe it! i seriously remember starting the 5th grade!!!! love them soooo much!!

Trent and Lindsie said...

I don't know if I could write in all cursive right now...They are both so big and we love them TONZ!

Jen said...

Austin's cursive is not legible! So when he starts school they'll have to help him out.

I am sad Faith is gone all day too... You know what's funny. She comes home and talks about Bridger all the time. She told me last week, "Mommy Bridger came over and he asked me if me and Kali want to chase him, so we didl And then he chased us. And I don't sit by him at lunch, but I can see him and he yelled that he wants to play with me after school!" She smiled the whole time she told me all this. Faith really likes school, I hope Bridger does too!

juels said...

the boys look so great~~ I hope they are enjoying school!!!