15 October 2009

Puerto Rico

Brett and I took the kids to Puerto Rico last Wednesday and stayed for five days... it was a great vacation! It was SO nice to be in 90+ degree weather again! The humidity was crazy, but the warmth was well worth having it.

The flights were LONG, but the kids were such troopers. The flight from SLC-JFK sold out, so we had to fly from SLC-Long Beach, Long Beach to Fort Lauderdale and then Fort Lauderdale to San Juan. I guess flying for free is worth the hassle!

When we got into San Juan we went to Old San Juan and toured an old fortress. It was so cool and the boys got a kick out of it. It was pretty neat to see what they were able to build so long ago and crazy to see how they used to live!

(Get ready... there are a TON of pictures!)


The kids loved all the lizards and iguanas...








In one of the dungeons... Andi wasn't so thrilled about being in there :)


The pictures on the walls in the dungeon were so cool. They figured that one of the prisoners drew these, but I can't remember who or when...




This was the beach at Cabo Rojo... BEAUTIFUL! But, the water was almost too warm. It wasn't even refreshing to get in to!

I found a huge pile of crabs and this is the only one the boys dared to hold. It had a long shell, so they didn't get touched...



This was the morning of Bridger's 7th Birthday... He was so excited!

At Crashboat Beach thses little crabs were everywhere... They were from about 3 inches to 7 inches and Brock was so happy to see that they really do walk sideways! They were fun to watch.




Crashboat Beach...

This picture turned out horrible, but I had to post it because Brett is so funny. I was laying on the beach reading my book and there was no shade, so he found this tree laying on the beach and brought me shade! He also used it as a wig to tease the kids...

We went to the El Yunque Rainforest and it was absolutely beautiful... We walked/hiked to a waterfall and on the way back it rained... all I can say is rain in the rainforest is CRAZY! We got soaked, but it was fun.

Another one of the MANY lizards (or gecko, I don't know the difference) we saw. See, my kids are mezmorized... :)


I LOVE THIS MAN! :) He is the most amazing husband and father!!!

On the way back Brett was making motorcyles sounds and lifting Andi over the rocks, cracks, etc. She thought it was hilarious and was laughing SO hard!
It was definately an adventure, but one that we'll remember forever. We had some fun with trying to figure out our sleeping arrangements in Rincon/Aguadilla (the place we booked to stay turned out not so good and we had to find something last minute), but thanks to my mom, we were saved. She found another condo for us and then helped us find a hotel room for the last night. We decided to go back to San Juan the evening before our flight so we could go to the rainforest and with the traffic there, we were worried about getting to the airport in time.
One of the things Brett appreciated the most was their driving... While I would call it crazy and scary, Brett was so happy to see that they all drove like him... rather the way he wishes he could drive all the time!

5 comments:

Mikesell Family said...

That looks so fun! I would love to take my kids somewhere fun like that, but I wouldn't know where to book everything.

Shawn and Kailey Ames said...

so fun! i'm glad you guys got to go!

Breeana said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! They are adorable and you all look so great. What an awesome trip!

Coatsy's said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun..... i sure missed ya.... fortunantly i was preoccupied at the same time..... we need adult time sooon... love you

Sonya Peterson said...

that sounds like fun! i now have another place on my list of places to visit.