16 September 2009

Red Rock Relay 2009

On Labor Day weekend I ran in the Red Rock Relay and it was such an amazing experience... One of the most personally gratifying I've ever done. It felt like such a huge accomplishment, given two years ago I couldn't even run the distance of two houses. It is amazing what loosing 130 pounds and months of training can do! I've only been running since January of this year and the only races I'd done before this were two 5Ks... I was a little nervous about running the relay, but I finished! WAHOO!!!

Here are some pictures... the loaded backwards, so they aren't in the order I wanted them in :(


The home stretch... our whole team, the Diablo Divas, running to the finish line...

Whitney and I just as I finished my last leg!

Our van (minus Mandz because she was running) at Cedar Breaks...
(L to R- Me, Heather, Whitney, Abbie and Megan)

Our van about 1/2 hour before the race started Friday morning...
Our whole team at the finish line!!!
I cannot wait to do it again next year! Thanks girls, for a wonderful race!

3 comments:

Coatsy's said...

CONGRATULATIONS mama...... I am so proud of you! what an accomplishment..... love you to the moon & back :)

Shawn and Kailey Ames said...

looks like so much fun... maybe I will "gear up" and join you next year!

Sonya Peterson said...

that is so inspiring. i think i will get a team together and do it next year. i love southern utah and running. congrats on your accomplishment!